I was able to Skype with Loren for a few minutes tonight and he asked me to post and ask for prayer in a few more areas. They are:
- Prayer for safety as they travel 6 hours to the Bible college, near the border with Congo
- Prayer for protection from illness for the team, especially as they are run down from the long trip
- Prayer for the girls' time with a local nurse in Kasese
- Prayer for the guys' time with the professors at the college in Psalms
- Finally, prayer that their luggage would eventually arrive safely. All of their checked bags are missing and are due to arrive in Entebbe on Tuesday. Unfortunately, they will already be gone, so they will not be able to get them until they return next weekend. So, prayer for the practicalities of this for the team (I guess the girls already purchased some local skirts).
As I pray for our team, I'm reminded of the lyrics we sang in church this morning...
"Your glorious cause, O God, engages our hearts
May Jesus Christ be known wherever we are
We ask not for ourselves, but for Your renown
The cross has saved us so we pray
Your kingdom come"
May Your glorious cause engage our hearts, O God, both in Spokane and in Uganda, for Your renown.